- Complete preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation, and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters
- Keep equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns;
- Maintaining inventory of supplies necessary to perform maintenance on vehicles
- Calls outside shops for repairs as needed
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Able to accurately maintain service logs on all vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma
- Must be proficient in English both written and oral
- Must have and maintain in good standing a valid California driver license
- Able to follow instructions and follow safety procedures
- Must be a team player
- Must have at least one years of general automotive shop experience; diesel and arc welding a plus
- Must be flexible with scheduling
- Must be able to work overtime when needed
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions
- Lift and maneuver up to 60lbs.
- Bend, squat kneel, crouch, stoop, reach and handle repeatedly
- Must be able to stand 5 – 7 hours daily
- Must obtain U.S. Customs seal prior to 90-day performance review
- Must be legal to work in the United States
- Must pass an extensive federal background check
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Operations Supervisor and Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.93 per hour
The Proud Bird – 11022 Aviation Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90045